I wanted to share my song list from last Wednesday’s show! It went really well! The rain kept some folks away, but the right people were able to be there! 😉 Funny thing, I’m typing this while recovering from a cold! Yes, my husband came home 3 days BEFORE the show with a nasty cold and was worried I’d catch it. Well, my body wouldn’t let me catch it until 3 days AFTER the show! (Thank you Jesus!) This weekend was rough but thankfully I taught online lessons yesterday…that kinda virus can’t spread over the interwebs!
I am VERY excited to see the show myself! 🙂 My parents were not able to be there, so we decided to record it, and thankfully the fantastic Jim Vern was able to film it for us!!! WOOT!!!
The show is about coming to NYC. From the time I saw my first Broadway show in 8th grade, pageants, learning the songs that shaped my love of music, moving to Los Angeles, marrying and moving to Manhattan. It ran a little over time, but we will know for next time!!
The AWESOME thing is this: I now have a show that can run again for people to come to see! A dream come true for me!! My goal for the next show is more instruments: bass and drums specifically! 😉 A few more…special plans in the making too, but I can’t share until I’m 100% sure!! Thank you Daryl Kojak in advance!!
One theme that was prominent throughout the show was my amazing mother who had NO clue she was encouraging me to fall in love with American Songbook songs! A gift that I will be FOREVER grateful for!! If you don’t already follow my Mom’s Facebook…well you should! She’s a funny, loving, God-fearing woman who loves her family and loves helping people!!
Now, my song list:
- Big Time (1998) Frank Wildhorn & Jack Murphy
- Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom of the Opera (1986)
Andrew Lloyd Webber, Charles Hart, and Richard Stilgoe
- Bewitched from musical Pal Joey (1940) Richard Rogers
- It’s Magic from film Romance on the High Seas (1947) Jule Styne & Sammy Cahn
- Bei Mir Bist Du Schön from the musical I Would If I Could (1932) Sholom Secunda, Sammy Cahn & Saul Chaplin
- Isn’t it Better from the musical film Funny Lady (1975) John Kander & Fred Ebb
- Jill from Harry Connick Jr.’s Blue Light Red Light album (1991)
- I Fall in Love too Easily from film Anchors Aweigh (1944) Jule Styne & Sammy Cahn
- Guilty (1931) Richard A. Whiting, Harry Akst and Gus Kahn
- Almost Like Being in Love from Brigadoon (1947) – Frederick Loewe and Alan Jay Lerner
- Watch What Happens (1964) Michel Legrand, Jacques Demy & Norman Gimbel
- How High the Moon from revue Two for the Show (1940) Morgan Lewis & Nancy Hamilton
- It Don’t Mean a Thing/Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing) – (1931) Duke Ellington & Irving Mills/(1936) Louis Prima
- At Last (1941) Mack Gordon & Harry Warren
Question for you: What songs would YOU like to hear me sing?
One thought on “Karmyn’s Song List…”
Guess you should have said the Diary of Mrs. Cobb’s song list
On Wednesday, October 29, 2014, Karmyn Tyler wrote:
> Karmyn Tyler posted: “I wanted to share my song list from last > Wednesday’s show! It went really well! The rain kept some folks away, but > the right people were able to be there! 😉 Funny thing, I’m typing this > while recovering from a cold! Yes, Christopher came home 3 days BEFO” > Guess